Formerly a working gravel pit, the Day Ticket Lake was first stocked with bream, roach, tench, pike and a few English strain carp by Dereham Angling Club in the 1970's.
In 1990 Norfolk Koi Import Ltd owned by Joseph Van Haam took on the lease of the fishery and Catch 22 was born.
In the 1990's the Day Ticket Lake was made bigger, landscaping work, tree planting, swim creating and the Island swim was constructed. A lot of hard work was done to create one of the best UK carp fisheries. This lake is now approx. 21 acres and has 31 bankside swims.
The bankside swims are nicely spaced apart and 10 of these are known as 'doubles' which have room for two anglers on them.
There are 3 swims which can be booked in advance: the Island swim, the Nature Reserve Swim (Peg 32) and Peg 1A. The Nature Reserve swim was constructed in 2000 along the northern bank and Peg 1A approx 3 years ago.
Both the Island Swim and Nature Reserve are reachable by boat (which we provide) and have room for two people on each of them. They are popular swims so it's worth having some alternative dates when booking.
Peg 1A is in the far top left hand corner beyond Peg 1 on the bankside. This is a single person swim and is known to produce some good catches especially during the Spring and Summer months for carp and is a good pike fishing swim during the Winter.
Please note that all of the bookable swims have platforms, so you'll need rod pods.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, bankside sessions must be booked in advance.
No.2 Season Ticket Lake was formerly a trout fishing lake and was developed into a carp fishing lake when Norfolk Koi Import Ltd took over the fishery.
It's 4 acres in size and has 16 swims. Like the Day Ticket Lake the swims are spaced out nicely giving anglers a good amount of room to fish.
This picturesque lake is available to fish on a year season ticket. To enquire for a ticket please download an application form opposite.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, fishing sessions on No.2 Lake must be booked in advance.
Please click on the button below to download an application form for a Season Ticket.
In 1992 and 1994 under MAFF license, 2,000 stunning carp known for their strong fighthing ability were imported from the Netherlands.
65% of these were commons and the other 35% mirrors, leathers and linears.
The carp are a Germanic and Royal Italian strain, based on classic river carp hence their length and capacity for growth.
In the Day Ticket Lake there are 4 known forties, 70 thirties, a good head of twenties and mid to upper doubles. There are small carp growing on nicely that have spawned on and sometimes these will be caught from 3lb - 10lb.
In No.2 Lake there are 60 carp. Three quarters of these are between 30 to 49lb. The majority are Dutch carp and there are a couple of English strain carp that were left in the lake from the days of Dereham Angling Club.
In the Year 2000 there were 6 carp put in the lake that were growing on in our stock ponds, these can now be caught at between mid double to mid twenties.
In both lakes we also have other specimen coarse fish:
Tench to 14lb
Bream to 20lb
Pike to 40lb
Roach to 4lb
Perch to 5lb
We have an ongoing breeding programme where we collect the eggs at spawning time in both lakes.
These are hatched and the baby carp are fed to grow on for future generations.